Difference Maker Project
The Difference Maker Project provides financial aid for students of all ages to participate in activities of any kind. Students and parents are welcome to apply (click here to apply) for funding.
Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) and High Prairie School Division (HPSD) are pleased to announce the launch of HOSTS’ new program the Difference Maker Project for the High Prairie community.
Paper applications will not be accepted. If assistance is required, please contact the HOSTS team.
The first round of applications is now open, and the deadline to apply is May 31st, 2018. Applicants are asked to be mindful of the registration deadlines and to ensure they are after June 15th to ensure the selection committee has time to make their decision and payment can be made.
- Student must be registered in an HFCRD or HPSD school in High Prairie
- Preference will be given to students who have not had opportunities to participate in after-school activities in the past
- Funding allocation will be at the discretion of the selection committee
- Transportation to the activity must be provided by the family
- Allow up to 14 days for a decision to be made
- Remove funding barriers to after-school and program activities
- Develop foundational life skills
- Build confidence
- Create new experiences
- Work in a team environment
Activities of any kind are eligible for funding including sports, dance, music and much more. Activities can be after-school, weekends and summer programs. The funding maximum is up to $500 per child per school year. Payment will be made directly to the activity organizers.