Good Shepherd is seeking a highly motivated educator to join the administrative team in the role
of Vice-Principal. The successful candidate will support student success, have a commitment to
collaborative leadership, a good understanding of school improvement and culture, and be able
to work in an administrative and school team environment within the context of the school
The Vice- Principal position will start August 25, 2021. The successful candidate will be offered
a probationary administration contract and must be willing to work as a valued member of the
administrative team and demonstrate a passion for instructional leadership, initiative and
commitment to Catholic education. The assignment will include a combination of administrative
assigned duties and teaching assignment. Good Shepherd School offers French Immersion and
English programming in grades Pre-K to grade 6.
The assignment designation will be approximately
● 0.50 Vice- Principal Designation
● 0.50 Teacher assignments will be based on experience and skillset
The successful candidate ideally will have knowledge and experience in literacy, numeracy, First
Nation, Metis & Inuit students, and social and emotional development. The successful candidate
requires proficiency in the use of educational technology, an understanding of assessment for
learning and is eligible to teach in the Province of Alberta. The candidate must be willing to be
working in a rural Catholic community environment who is a team player and is willing to
collaborate, communicate and work together. Preference will be given to candidates of the
The ideal candidate will:
● Will be eligible to be a teacher in the province of Alberta.
● Will be a member of the school’s administrative team and participate in division training and initiatives.
● Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree or who are working towards their Master’s Degree
● Be a practicing Catholic who demonstrates a commitment to the Catholic faith.
● Support building a culture of high expectations for students and staff, promoting and modeling lifelong learning.
● Cultivate a climate of mutual respect with students promoting engagement and positive behavioral supports.
● Demonstrate effective communication, facilitation, and problem solving skills.
● Has experience and a proven track record as a teacher leader.
● Effectively support the planning and management of the human and physical
resources of the school.
● Demonstrate flexibility and a readiness to take on roles and challenges as they
arise in order to meet School and Division goals.
Applications to be received until May 5, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.
Send application to :
Betty Turpin, HFCRD Superintendent
Internal applicants are asked to provide a letter of interest and updated resume.
External applicants are required to submit the following:
· Letter of Interest
. Completed Division Application Form in its entirety: https://hfcrd.ab.ca/employment/
· Criminal Record Check/Child Intervention Check will be required before a contract is offered. Please provide copies if available.
Only applicants who are shortlisted will be contacted
Good Shepherd School is located in beautiful Peace River, Alberta. We of er high quality E.C.S. to grade
six programming in both English & French Immersion to approximately 450 students. The school is
noted for its community-centered approach to working with children and their families, with a strong
Catholic focus. Good Shepherd has the reputation as being a “loving, caring & sharing” family
community. Our dedicated staf is experienced and innovative. Above all, the school is noted for its
exceptional “Christ-like” atmosphere–in our Chapel, in the hallways and classrooms, where religious
displays are prominent and celebrations are frequent, but, most of all, at morning assembly, where
prayer, song and laughter create a “family” atmosphere.
Peace River is a scenic, vibrant, urban center in Alberta’s northwest and is home to over 6,000
residents. The community is situated in the Peace River Valley and straddles the banks of the mighty
Peace River. The town is within a five hours’ drive north of Edmonton and two hours northeast of
Grande Prairie and is serviced with air, rail and bus links. Peace River provides a wide range of services
to the surrounding areas. Among these is an impressive combination of businesses including locally
owned downtown stores and restaurants, as well as national and international retailers.
Holy Family C.R.D. #37 has a strong commitment to the ideals of Catholic education, and provides our
students an opportunity not only to achieve academic excellence but also to grow personally, socially
and physically in a Christ centered environment. We are very proud of our successes and we
continuously aim for improvement in all areas. The Division Mentorship program provides excellent
support to teachers new to the profession and Division. Support from Division Learning Coaches and
coordinators are also available in the areas of instruction, assessment, technology, and faith formation.