HFCRD January Board Meeting Highlights
Posted: January 19, 2023
(January 19, 2023) The Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) held its regular board meeting on January 18 at the division central office. Here are the highlights of the meeting.
- Trustees gave an update on the progress of upcoming Toonies for Tuition campaigns in their respective communities. Toonies for Tuition is a Canada-wide fundraiser to help families cover the costs of attending a Catholic school in provinces in Canada where Catholic education is not fully funded.
- The Board of Trustees unanimously passed a motion to invite and sponsor up to two councilors to attend the Rural Education Symposium in Edmonton from the following councils: Town of High Prairie, Big Lakes County, Town of Manning, County of Northern Lights.
- The Board unanimously passed an Investment Policy.
- The Board discussed the possibility of putting aside funds to assist certified staff who want to pursue a Master’s Degree in Leadership at the University of Alberta.
- The Board reviewed student data in the following areas: 2022 Math Intervention Programming Instrument (MIPI), 2022 Acadience, 2021-2022 Provincial Achievement Tests and Provincial Diploma Exams.
- The Board was notified about HFCRD accepting Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for a Value Scoping Project at St. Andrew’s School.