HFCRD Board of Trustees Approve 2017/18 School Calendars
Posted: April 26, 2017
At the April 25th Regular Board Meeting, the Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) Board of Trustees approved the 2017/18 school calendar. Decisions about the school calendar were made to best meet student learning needs, as well as the needs of families and communities. Due to the transportation constraints of having HFCRD transportation being provided by three neighbouring school divisions, multiple calendars are needed once again.
2017/18 Division Calendars can be found here.
2017/18 Draft Calendar Highlights:
Start Up Dates
- First Day for Staff August 28th – 3.5 prep days before school starts, 1 day is a staff meeting/PD Day, 1 day is our school year kickoff Mass & BBQ
- First Day for Students September 5th – after Labour Day
- K-8 teachers access 6 prep days
- 9-12 teachers access 5 prep days
3 Divisional Days
- Staff Meeting/Mass/BBQ August 31
- Faith Day April 20
- Division Professional Development September 25
Christmas and Easter Breaks
- 2 full weeks + 1 day at Christmas break – 3 full weekends
- Friday December 22nd is attached to Christmas break in response to the 2016 C2 survey results where teachers said they liked having an extra day off before Christmas break
- Common Christmas and Easter breaks for all schools
Last Days of School
- Last day for K – 9 students June 27
- Last day for 10 – 12 students June 28
- Last day for staff June 29
- Extended Long Weekends Where Possible
- Southern schools’ transportation (High Prairie, Valleyview and McLennan schools) will be provided by their regular bussing provider. No contracted bussing is needed.