HFCRD Annual Education Results
Posted: November 27, 2013
Holy Family Catholic Regional Division No. 37 (HFCRD) is pleased to present the 2013 Accountability Pillar results, which were approved within the 2013-2016 Combined 3-Year Education Plan and 2012-2013 Annual Education Results Report at the November 25th special board meeting.
Overall, HFCRD results in the Accountability Pillar Overall Summary have improved or have been maintained in 14 of the 16 categories. When compared to our previous years result HFCRD has improved in 6 categories. When compared to the provincial average, HFCRD’s results stand out in the following key areas:
- ‘Safe and Caring’ schools
- 2013 HFCRD Result: 88.8% rated ‘Very High’
- 2013 Provincial Average: 89.0%
- Drop Out Rate
- 2013 HFCRD Result: 2.9% rated ‘High’
- 2013 Provincial Result: 3.5%
- Graduates eligible for the Rutherford Scholarship
- 2013 HFCRD Result: 71.5% rated ‘Very High’
- 2013 Provincial Result: 61.3%
- Parental Involvement
- 2013 HFCRD Result: 81.7% rated ‘High’
- 2013 Provincial Result: 80.3%
- School Improvement
- 2013 HFCRD Result: 83.9% rated ‘ Very High’
- 2013 Provincial Result: 80.6%
“We are very pleased with our Accountability Pillar Overall results,” said Board Chair Dianne Arcand-Lavoie. “Our staff works hard to offer the best education possible and these results are a reflection of just that.”
Superintendent Betty Turpin was also pleased with the results and attributes the division’s success to the hard work of staff and new initiatives in the division like the use of Learning Coaches to provide support to our teachers, developing school based Instructional Leadership Teams that focus their work on quality core instruction and concentrating our efforts and resources on meeting the needs of all learners.
“In recent years, we have put some foundational structures in place to support our staff and students.” said Superintendent Betty Turpin. “I’m pleased to see the effectiveness of these initiatives.”
For more information, please contact
HFCRD at 780-624-3956.