Holy Family Catholic Regional Division Board Highlights
Posted: October 21, 2022
(October 21, 2022) The Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) held its regular board
meeting on October 19 at the division central office. Among the highlights were positive evaluations
for the Board of Trustees and the Superintendent.
“Our board is a very strong team with eight trustees who are passionate about publicly
funded Catholic education,” says Board Chair Kelly Whalen. “We have some first-time
trustees, but our evaluation shows that we are a forward-thinking board and very committed
to providing a top-quality education for our students.”
Superintendent Betty Turpin received a commendable evaluation from the Board for 2021-2022.
“I am truly blessed to lead our division and work with great staff, teachers, principals and students
on a day-to-day basis,” states Turpin. “Our theme for ‘Praying Our Way Forward’ is gratitude, and I
am grateful for our Board’s confidence.”
- Trustees discussed how they can promote GrACE (Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education).
Trustee Cox will have a presentation in High Prairie on November 8. Trustee Pozniak suggested
setting up a booth at parent-teacher interviews at St. Stephen’s and highlighting GrACE.
- The Division will be celebrating Catholic Education Sunday on Sunday, November 6 at local
parishes. The Board passed a motion to support the local Knights of Columbus, CWL and
parishes to provide an opportunity on that day for celebration.
- The Board discussed the division’s attempt to sell 10.5 acres of land in Grimshaw.
- A meeting was tentatively scheduled for February 7, 2023 to review board policies.
- The Acadience (literacy assessments) report and the Math Intervention Programming Instrument
(MIPI) were reviewed and discussed.
- The division received over $56,000 in provincial funds to help pay its share of the lease at the