HFCRD Board of Trustees Approve 2019/20 School Calendars
Posted: April 18, 2019
At the April 16th Regular Board Meeting, the Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) Board of Trustees approved the 2019/20 School Calendars. Decisions about the school calendars were made to best meet student learning needs, as well as the needs of families and communities. Due to the transportation constraints of having HFCRD transportation being provided by three neighbouring school divisions, multiple calendars are needed once again. The HFCRD Calendar Committee conducted a survey for all staff giving them the opportunity to provide feedback on draft calendars. All feedback from staff was reviewed by the Board of Trustees before approving the calendars.
2019/20 Division Calendars can be found on the school calendar page of the division website.
2019/20 Calendar Highlights:
Start Up Dates
– First Day for Staff August 28th – 3 staff meeting/PD Day/School Year Kick Off/Prep Days before school starts
– First Day for Students September 3rd – after Labour Day
2 Divisional Days
– Staff Meeting/Mass/BBQ August 29th
– Faith Day April 20th
Christmas and Easter Breaks
– 2 full weeks + 1 day at Christmas break – 3 full weekends
– Common Christmas breaks for all schools
– Easter/Spring breaks for schools are aligned with the school calendars of their neighbouring school divisions due to bussing requirements.
Last Days of School
– Last day for grades K – 9 students June 24th for St. Stephen’s, St. Andrew’s and Ecole Providence Schools
– Last day for grades K – 9 students June 25th for Northern Schools
– Last day for grades 10 – 12 students June 26th
– Last day for staff June 26th
– All schools have minimum of two 4-day long weekends, with the exception of St. Andrew’s School who voted to have a 3 day long weekend for Family Day, and a non-operational day before Teacher’s Convention