HFCRD Board Meeting Highlights – March 15, 2023
Posted: March 16, 2023
The Holy Family Catholic Regional Division help its Regular Board Meeting for March at the Central Office. Here are some of the highlights:
- Trustees reviewed areas of emphasis for the Board for 2022-23. Areas include: developing relationships and engaging with Indigenous communities and the Board; enhancing and participating in political advocacy opportunities, like GrACE and ACSTA, as it pertains to the Catholic faith, in light of the upcoming provincial election; engaging in political advocacy for enhanced provincial achievement data; and, continuing to look for opportunities to engage in community input.
- Trustees approved the Joint Use Planning Agreement (JUPA) between the HFCRD and the MD of Greenview.
- The annual joint board meeting between HFCRD and the Peace River School Division will be April 19 at 6:00 PM. HFCRD agenda topic suggestions include: transportation, division calendar development, update on capital project in Manning, French Immersion programming in Peace River and High School CTS sharing facilities.
- A group of trustees will attend the First Nations, Metis & Inuit Education Gathering from April 24-26 in Edmonton.
- The Board unanimously approved the nomination of the Telus World of Science for the ASBA’s Friends of Education Award.
- The Secretary/Treasurer provided a financial health check to the Board for the four-year period (2018-2022) as well as provided an update on how the provincial budget compares to other years.
- The Board supported the recommendation to work with Green Acre Ventures for the drainage work project at St. Stephen’s School in Valleyview.