HFCRD Board Meeting Highlights – February 15, 2022
Posted: February 23, 2023
(February 23, 2023) The Holy Family Catholic Regional Division (HFCRD) held its regular board meeting on February 15 at the division central office. Here are the highlights of the meeting.
- Trustees expressed excitement over the feedback received on the Telus World of Science sessions at various schools. Superintendent Turpin told the Board that these visits are part of an agreement with Telus World of Science and the division.
- Trustees, with the Superintendent, will be attending the Alberta Rural Education Symposium in Edmonton between March 5-7. The Board will be sponsoring two councilors to also attend.
- The Board discussed fees for transporting students who live within 2.4 kilometres of a school. Should a fee cause due hardship on families, there will be a simple process put in place to have the fee waived.
- The Board agreed to suggest a date of April 19, 2023 for the hosting of the annual joint meeting between the HFCRD and Peace River School Division (PRSD).
- The Board will be visiting St. Stephen’s School on May 30. The next school visits for the Board will be at Glenmary and Good Shepherd schools on March 28.
- The Board approved that $600,000 be used from capital reserves to upgrade flooring in some schools that are at the end of its life cycle.
- The Board was informed that 21 teachers have expressed interest in a University of Alberta Cohort Master’s program in Educational Leadership. The Board supports an offer of a tuition incentive.
- The Board approved the appointment of Group2 Architecture Interior Design Ltd. to perform the Value Scoping of St Andrew’s School.
- The Board agreed to revisit the marketing of the division’s vacant land in Grimshaw in February of 2024. A For Sale By Owner sign could be placed on the property until then.
- The Board approved the Division’s Three-Year Facilities Capital Plan covering the years 2023-26.